View Single Post
Old 4th July 2012, 08:17 PM

Default Pedal Box Positioning

Managed to get 10 mins tinkering tonight! Thought I'd start looking at putting my pedal box in so I can start sorting out my brake lines. Surprise surprise it doesn't fit very well

If I put it in the proper position by putting in from the engine bay side so the top of the pedal box in the engine bay if that makes sense? I end up with a gap of around 5mm under the pedal box and the floor You can kinda see it in this pic:

It looks like part of the problem maybe the welding on the floor but it's really hard to tell for sure. So I'm wondering whats the best way to deal with this? I suppose I could weld some plate under it as a sort of platform for it to sit on but that will make drilling the holes into the floor a nightmare...

The other thing I thought I might get away with is putting the pedal box in from the inside and cutting off the section on the right that's bent slightly (at something like 20 degrees) so that it would sit flush. It would appear that this resolves the gap between the bottom of the pedal box and instead puts it behind between the pedal box and the bulkhead?