View Single Post
Old 4th July 2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4KEV View Post
smilies count as pictures....I would take the pedals off and see if you can heat the offending of twist and use a shifty spanner to bend it back or persuade it with a striking implement
I agree with Kevin on this one

Looking at the first picture, the pedal box has pulled badly when it was welded up.
Fabricating angles from flat strips tend to do this & can be countered by tacking up with an greater or less than a 90 degree angle ( depending what side is being welded ).
With experience, you kind of Learn how much a joint is likely to pull when being fully welded & it becomes second nature to allow for this kind of distortion.

If you do not have the means to heat the affected area up, perhaps you could clamp the box assembly down & gently tease to bottom straight with the use of a large adjustable wrench ( working slowly along the length giving it a wee tweak )

If all else fails, personally, I would be tempted to cut the bottom section off & replace it with a strip of 30 x 30 x 3mm angle.
I know that will mean removing the brake pedal brackets but they could be re-used & you'll end up with a nicer fitting pedal box assembly.

www.roadster-builders.co.uk