Thread: Engine In Mule
View Single Post
Old 5th July 2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynand View Post
But why?
Its a nice looking engine, will probably make serious HP and perfect for a Cobra, but a Seven...
Its heavy - Sevens are all about handling and being nimble - and how would you put that power on the road? You will end up with a car that would not be enjoyable to drive, everytime you put the hammer down, it would break away at the stern, more so in bends

Im not a profit of doom, but is it not better to have a sharp handling car with just enough power so you can drive it flat out and on the limits?

I have a problem myself in this regard - my ride's (nearly completed) engine is a 3SGTE (weights only a little more than a 4AGE) that makes about 190kw (255hp odd) and I already considering turning the factory boost level down from about 9psi to about 6 - 7 psi. A chap in NZ has the same motor in his chariot and actually got wheel spin in 5th gear on the track - and that is frightening

Something to ponder about. A Caterham R400 has about 210hp and goes like a bat out of hell and probably the closest thing to motoring nirvana.

Seriously... The thought of having a big engine in a light car worries you......?????!!!!
. The thought of a few hundred BHP in a lighter than butterfly fart car, makes me do a sex wee, I come from a bike background, where high bhp and low weight rule(along with good torque) ... As we say, the throttle twists both ways.... If I am able ( once fully employed) to build a car that puts out at least 200bhp/ ton ,then I will be a happy man.... Rear wheel spinning up, back end sliding....yehhhhhhhh .... I do that on my supermoto, and that's only got 52.3 bhp ... (does weigh less than one of my dumps though) ....

I would love to stick a big v whatever in my car, my biggest problem at the moment is petrol prices.... Been looking at the GKD (might be the wrong name) chassis for using an m3, and that looks superb, it's more running costs that bother me,