View Single Post
Old 12th September 2012, 02:46 PM

Interesting thread,
Welcome back Nathan hope stuffs better for you now.

Must admit I struggled to know what to expect when it comes down to quality of fibreglass stuff.
£800 is a lot money to me but not much for the time it takes to make the panels. How picky should we be? and what should you expect for that money?
Some people will want better than others.
I'm a picky buggar but don't often moan honest!

But I'm happy with the quality of the AGM kit, its white so any marks/specs in the gel coat would show, but it's absolutely spot on, I just got the impression the guy really knew how to make FG bodywork (note the design and how well it fits the chassis is the other peice of the puzzle). Hence I think the quality can be there for the money. But is that a suprise if he's been making bodywork for different race cars for a long while and its what he does?

If you go to someone who is trying to make everything and is new to it add to that rushing around due to being really busy you may get more varied results (fair play for giving it a try though).

I think the only real fair test is to look at a suppliers promo/demo work that they advertise if yours doesn't look near to that I'd have an issue. (this can be difficult to do in practise though)

Last edited by MikeB : 12th September 2012 at 02:50 PM.