View Single Post
Old 21st March 2013, 12:50 PM

Hi reply

I was indeed involved in the Sondergard project. In 2009 / 2010 I tried to re-start the project (it had already gounded to a hold) with a team in The Netherlands, cooperating with the Danish. At that time we had a 1:1 non functional model of the car (see picture) which essentially was a plastic thing which had the shape of the car with a very simple frame in the front supporting the front suspension. In this model there was no chassis, no engine and no interior.

We also had a partly completed chassis with a Vauxhall / Pontiac Soliste engine in it. After I joined we developped the driveline, based on a Audi V6 (the 3.2L na) with 350 Hp, torque tube and transaxle gearbox in the back for better weight distribution. We had a chassis design in aliminium honeycomb panels with at the front and the rear steel subframes. Actually Gerrit is curently building a car based on that principle. Last thing I heard about it is that the body has been used to pull a mould from, and after that the body was send to Italy (??) to be turned into moulds. Lack of money halted any further progress. Ricky Sondergard has spend a load of money on this thing, but not with the desired result.

That's about it! :-)