View Single Post
Old 10th May 2013, 10:12 AM

Default Update

well today I actually made a real start .

last week I marked out the Table but since then I've been trying to get some cold rolled inch square and waiting on false promises only to be told yesterday "No have ..........." god damn Thais lol

anyways I had no choice to go for the black steel of death which is between 22.5mm and 24 mm.I bought 3 x 6m lengths just to see how it worked out. I got it home in 2m lengths (I thought that was the longest I could get in my car but reckon I can get 3m at a push)cleaned it with thinners and that was it for yesterday went for a beer .

This morning I set to got every thing ready I decided to allow for the tube size difference but using the outside measurements .
I cut BR5 BR6 and BR12 measured it up something was off so went ahead and cut BR11 it was 5mm too long wtf !!!! so checked and double checked with them clamped and squared the were fine got the right check measurement but was way of on my table markings .
after a while of checking I found out the steel rule I was using was not bloody straight nipped out bought another one and now I have had to redraw most of the table grrrr. anyways ended up cutting BR4 and all is well.