View Single Post
Old 13th July 2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidbolam View Post
It looks like it goes fast enough!

Has you mx5 steering wheel dropped off and been replaced by something fancy yet?

How about stripes on the bonnet

David
She certainly feels nippy enough!
I thought it looked a bit pedestrian in the video - it feels loads faster when you're actually in the car. Could have sworn I driving twice that speed!

I haven't sorted out the stripes or wheel yet, but they're both on my growing list of things to do.
I'm a bit skint after IVA/Insurance/Tax and trying not to spend any more on her for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTWV50 View Post
Two things to say....

Looks and sounds awesome.

Have you written a will?
Ha ha, cheers Chris. I thought you'd enjoy the exhaust note!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMX5 View Post
Not too bad for 8 quid I reckon.

Wish that was my commute home, mine is lots and lots of M5 every day
I suppose it's not too bad a commute really.
To be fair I did edit out the 15 minutes of queuing at either end, and a load of long boring bits.

Not the best quality, and does some odd things at times, but I certainly can't complain for 8 quid - it even came with a load of different mounting brackets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno View Post
Wow looks like fun.......
Looking at the vid I guess the she handles very well?
Sounds awesome to, guess the wire wool fell out somewhere along the line
All I've got to say is Lucky Bugger... can't wait to get mine on the road now.
She is quite entertaining as it happens
I was surprised just how well she does handle, particularly considering I haven't really done any suspension set up yet!
Seems to have tons of grip too, even on the donor tyres.

My first lot of wire wool did actually fall out all by itself on the way home from IVA! Had to re-pack it for the re-test, and when I checked it afterwards it had pretty much turned to dust and crumbled away.
I've currently got the dB killer in, and it's possibly a tad antisocial. Tried briefly without and I thought my ears were going to bleed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
Nice to see that the cars 55 years from now will look exactly the same as they do now
lol, must be getting old, as I can't seem to figure out how to change the date! Might have to ask one of the kids to do it for me. If I still had a VCR I recon it'd be flashing 00:00