View Single Post
Old 18th July 2013, 08:43 AM

TT, it is going to have elements from an enlarged MG TC and some elements from a 1950's Singer that I saw at a show earlier in the year. It will have running boards and sweeping arches, the back will be fairly steeply sloped. I have to accept the fact that my sheet metal working skills are very limited so there will be a lot of straight panels. I have an idea to use VW beetle wings to give me some basis for some shape and form. I will be going to Newark autojumble at the weekend to seek some inspiration. I think the biggest issue for me from the appearance point of view is the engine cooling. The front may have to be wider than I would like due to the massive radiator required. The front will be tapered so if I can get the engine far enough back I can also get the rad back and then make the very front a bit narrower - hope that makes sense?
Arf - it is indeed an almighty beast. At some point the heads have to come off so I can replace the valve stem oil seals - not a job that I am looking forward to. A special tool is needed to get the heads off these monsters as they have studs running through water ways, which corrode and stop the head from lifting off. I figure it will be much easier to do with the lump bolted in to the chassis.
I am now waiting for some saw blades for my reciprocating saw, can't do much more until they arrive.
Best and all that,
Dave.