View Single Post
Old 7th August 2013, 07:08 AM

I'm fitting my flexi lines at the moment, I ordered them from Sylvain but I measured my rears wrong.

2 choices. Buy new rear lines or reposition the bracket and make new hard lines. One is free if you have extra copper line and the other isn't so this is what I ended up with.

Only problem is that I am going directly into the caliper with a fixed fitting rather than using a banjo and when the line is compressed it gets closer to the seat back. I angled the bulkhead bracket toward the rear slightly to help it want to bend away from the seat back.

The rear caliper on the MX5 doesn't have a 'seat' at the bottom of the inlet so the only a fixed fitting or banjo will work as they can seal with copper washers, an angled swivel wont.

It doesn't touch so It should be fine but it may settle in so Ill have to keep an eye on it.

None of this is Sylvains fault, I measured wrong in the first place. The lines are great and are as good as any quality UK made, crimped lines.

Front is great though.

Cheers
Stot

Last edited by Stot : 7th August 2013 at 07:10 AM.