View Single Post
Old 8th August 2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason 82 View Post
He hasn't delivered though. Why does it have to come to this to get Phil to communicate ? I am sure that me and vmax aren't the only 2 people having problems with Talon. 5 weeks is a very long time mate, I haven't even asked for anything too special, just wishbone pieces, not made, just pieces. A text message take seconds, it doesn't have to be to much of a detailed message. If Talon is snowed under, why doesn't Phil give people a lead time ? Everybody knows where they stand then. I am the customer, A bit of customer service here and there goes a long way ! It's cost him my future business anyway, you can't run a company like this mate. The invoice came to me like lightning, he had the time to do invoices, but not to send a message updating people. It's a shame really, but I have not caused this situation, I have tried to get what I paid for, same as anybody else would.
If Phil doesn't have a brilliant memory (don't know if this is true or not) or has a lot of orders, it can be difficult to see a text and remember the specifics of the order, which requires checking it up on his database etc. So it might not just be a case of sending a quick fire reply back, although if he could that would be fantastic.

5 weeks isn't a long time for delivery of anything bespoke (I've ordered plenty of bespoke analytical kit and accessories costing anything from £50 to tens of thousands then having to wait 3-6 months for it). 13 weeks is a slightly different story though.

I would also venture to say that the bulk of the time taken for a fabricator to make something like a wishbone is taken up in getting the bits made and ready to be fitted into the jig, with the actual welding part of it taking a fraction of the overall time.

I am trying to excuse Phil totally? Probably not. But what you must realise with dealing with one man bands is that if that one man run into issues, gets sick etc, then there's no cover for him.