View Single Post
Old 10th February 2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason 82 View Post
Cracking job ! You must be really pleased with your car. I bet your car is costing a fair few thousand to build isn't it ? I think what you paid for your supercharger, Is my budget for the entire build misses has told me a grand tops, I said of course babe no problem. In true bloke style we are marching on to the mighty 2k ! Lol it will be our little secret.
Yeah I kinda stopped keeping track after buying the supercharger. I believe I told my wife $5000 US when I pitched the idea to her. I think I'm now closer to $8000... not including tools and welding equipment. For the most part now I'm done with major purchases. I need a aeroscreen and switches for the lighting. My bigger problem wasn't really the cost, as much as it was the time frame. I was expecting this to take closer to 2 years to finish thus spreading the cost over a longer period, I am on track to finish in the next 2 months which is 12 months total. Anyway, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now, and since we really have no formal inspection I really look forward to the coming months. Should be able to test drive it this week and then move on to skinning the body.