View Single Post
Old 11th February 2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voucht View Post
I can't say for IVA, but I think the main problem will be to fit the fuel tank, or actually to remove it if you need to, after the roll bar stay are welded. Perhaps a books specs fuel tank will be small enough to be removed, and it is not sure at all, but if you intend to fit a bigger fuel tank as a lot of us did, that will be a problem (actually, the problem is not passing between the stays, but actually handling and manipulating it in the rear tube to get it in the right position to pass between the stays will be a problem in my opinion).

Also (and I don't say this because I sell brake lines, don't misunderstand me, it is just my opinion I want to give you about that) but I think the bend of the flexi lines on the calliper side is definitely too tight and not natural. The stainless braid will force and pull on the ferrule (and actually even more when the car will be on wheels), which in time, can lead to a failure of the line. The straight fittings you have are good for drum set-up, as the wheel cylinder's port is almost perpendicular to the longitudinal axis, but with these callipers, with the port on top, a 45° or even a 90° fitting would have been much preferable.

Sorry about all these comments Tom, it sounds like we are just pointing problems and give you critics. That is not the case: your build looks very nice, and the job you did with your father is just great I think. I thought I would just give you my opinion about these two points, but let me tell you that I think that the rest of your build is stunning

Hope this will help
Don't worry I appreciate the advise and I'd rather solve the problems now than have everything fail later on. We need to have a good look at the brake lines and everything when we get it on the ground again.

Didnt really think to ring the IVA inspector good idea

Our Build Blog