View Single Post
Old 15th June 2014, 07:36 AM

Well I've now managed to finish the nearside side panel and mount the rear arch, I just need to cut a hole for the exhaust to go through and rivet it in place.

I've also managed to finish off a lot of little jobs on the chassis I've been trying to get round to for ages but needed the engine out to do. So I've now put in a rivnut to secure the brake pressure sensor, riveted in a few more cable tie holders and made a new bracket/welded it in for the rear brake tee as previously it was secured by the way it is in the book, but with my braided lines I've made a new bracket to bolt the tee directly to it as I didn't think it would get through IVA with the old setup.

I'll try and get a picture of the new bracket later on today.

Todays jobs are to trim a bit of aluminium on the rear tub so it runs flush against the chassis members, drill holes + cleco the side panels in place and to repaint the chassis in areas it needs it as it's looking a bit worn after 4.5 years of being bashed about! Then mid weeks jobs will be to put my wheel set back on and mount my rear lights to the arches and finish off the wiring for them.

My Build Blog: http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2736 - Last Update: 31st October 2020

Total Spent so far: Stopped counting