View Single Post
Old 15th September 2013, 03:36 PM

There is a thread on that subject floating about but it is very much dependant on what you want/what you are willing to pay for. I know of several builders who are basically built for about 3 grand. Then you have iva, tax, insurance etc on top of that. Another big issue is how quickly you want to finish. I have been going for 3 years on and off but have probably not even spent £1500 in total and I am at rolling shell stage with most of the parts I need to finish. This doesn't include shocks, prop and aluminium for side and rear panels. Add in iva etc and easily another £1500 or so to spend. So that would be 3 grand and I have bought very little brand new!

I used a chassis kit, grp panels were all seconds, seats cost me £40, headlights cos me £33, stuff like floor was steel sheet I got for nothing, tranny tunnel panels are an old filing cabinet etc etc so if you are willing to trawl through ebay looking for bargains then there are plenty to be had but likewise if you are gonna buy everything new at retail price then you had better have deep pockets!

Last edited by rpjg1975 : 15th September 2013 at 03:55 PM. Reason: more info added