View Single Post
Old 30th June 2012, 09:32 PM

I haven't actually trial fitted the engine/box with the lines in place yet, but when I received the lines I messed around with the brake lines and there was plenty of clearance if I used current routing, there should hopefully be plenty of clearance for the fuel lines but tomorrows job will now to be to refit the engine and make sure!

It will also give me a chance to measure up for the drive shaft and get that ordered on Monday morning.

I will take some pictures tomorrow with the engine and box fitted.

Also the flexible lines will be fine with IVA as long as the correct paperwork is used as you need to have a certificate of compliance for the hoses to ensure they are to the correct standard.

The lines were very easy to install, however it did require a bit of effort before hand to decide on routing, what fitting and fixtures I wanted, if I wanted a hydraulic or micro switch brake light, thread sizes ended up being a very big deal as it turned out I ordered a Sierra master cylinder instead of a Fiat 124 (supposed to give a better brake pedal) and the threads were different, I only found out when I received the lines but Sylvain was very helpful and provided a really good service and got the fittings changed for me.

My Build Blog: http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2736 - Last Update: 31st October 2020

Total Spent so far: Stopped counting

Last edited by Tatey : 30th June 2012 at 09:40 PM.