View Single Post
Old 25th August 2014, 06:23 AM

Thumbs up MX5 Donor.

Hi Jason, I totally stripped my MX5 and will be using the: engine, gearbox, diff,rear axles, front & rear uprights, wiring loom and computer, steering column, brakes including the master cyl., driveshaft(shortened)and handbrake lever & cables. The rest will be scratch built to the Haynes plans. I tacked together my frame and it is being fully welded by an experienced welding friend. I have made my suspension frames and had them TIG welded( I need to get them crack tested as per New Zealand transport rules) Can,t wait to get my frame back. Our winter is coming to an end !! so the weather should be warming up. Good luck as you start your LOOOOOONG journey. Cheers, Ken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonL View Post
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post. I picked up a 1995 MX5 1.8 last month that someone started to strip a few years ago. Only 65k on the clock and I am trying to maximise how much I reuse from it. Planning on using everything I can, including the wiring loom, etc.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice?

One specific thing I was wondering is if anyone has tried using the fuel pump and sender assembly because I presume it would require a custom tank?!?

J