View Single Post
Old 15th May 2011, 08:07 PM

Default A couple of quick questions for a little help please!

Evening All,

Firstly I apologise for the questions, they will probably be very amateurish. I have tried to search for the answers but as I don't what what these things are I'm very limited in search terms!
The donor in question is a K reg Sierra LX 2.0 DOHC with efi.
Basically, this morning I started to tidy the loom in the engine bay area and relabel any items that were only masking tape labelled while removing some bits and bobs. I've managed to get all the wires sorted so that they are at the bulkhead but I have come across a couple of things I'd like identified/named if thats possible please?
1) I found one connector that had not been labelled as it was removed and wondered if anyone could shed some light? It is located at the back of the engine by at the bulkhead. It exits the group of wires very close to the injectors connector but from the other cluster of wires. There don't seem to be any other wires in the area so should be reasonably easy to identify. As its the only one unmarked it shouldn't pose any problems if it cant be identified though.

2) I came across a couple of things that I'm unsure of what they are. These are located behind/under the MAP sensor. I'm guessing that the back one is a grounding circuit (?) that goes into the cabin. It is duplicated not the nearside in the engine bay as well. The front one I am completely unsure of.

3)Does anyone have any good tips on removing the loom? Is it best to pull the inside out or the outs in for example? Ive only got as far as the engine bay but this is pretty much ready to pull through if needed. How does the ecu disconnect? Is it a/a few connector(s) like a more complicated head unit or have i got the wrong impression? Can anyone tell me how to access the the fusebox fixings? I'm guessing it accessible from inside the car?

Sorry for all the questions, this is the first time I have gone this far with a car (replacing a head gasket was probably the furthest before this), but I want to make sure I'm doing everything as well as possible, especially the electrics! I think I'm doing pretty well so far though i think, and at the very least I'm enjoying myself tremendously!

Thanks in advance guys

Ash