View Single Post
Old 30th January 2010, 08:18 PM

30 Jan

Wow one update at the start of Jan and one right at the end, it might seem like nothing has happened but things have moved on a little.

Weekends have been busy with family and a great trip to Saturn Sports Cars to swap my band saw for some fibreglass. Now I don’t mean to sound ungrateful, as I can imagine if you are out of work it must be hell, BUT after having five weeks off before Christmas, going back to work was a shock. It also gets in the way, as I tend to have to prepare things over the weekend for Monday. Excuses over, the story so far.......

Engine and gearbox came out together and are staying that way to mock up engine mounts; I have kept every brake pipe union and every bolt that I removed.

Today I removed the drive shafts and rear hubs (the fronts came off weeks ago) finally got the diff off and the hand break.

My concern now is the wiring. Every plug within the engine bay is labelled and I was planning on removing the wiring loom complete, however, where the loom goes through the bulkhead there is no connector. So, I plan to lop the loom off at the bulk head so I have an ‘engine loom’, then cut the connectors for the steering column off leaving long tails. Also I can’t seem to disconnect the clutch cable from the pedal.

I hope to have the Sierra picked up next weekend.

One other thing, I will be removing the VIN number from by the driver’s seat and I have got the whole slam panel, but I was under the impression that cars had the VIN number stamped on the car in two places. Well, I’m bu****ed if I can find a second VIN number stamp. Any ideas?

Cheers Ginge

I was building but I am not now!

Build Pictures

Build Thread