View Single Post
Old 25th January 2015, 11:52 PM

Not much done this weekend as I ended up on a pub crawl Saturday afternoon, and it took me until this afternoon to become human again... good times

Had a bit of an issue with my brakes - the front circuit has bled fine, but fluid started pissing out the of the t-joint on the rear. To cut a long story short the threads on the t-piece were malformed and wouldn't let the unions clamp properly - swapped it out for another one and it seems all good.

I've admitted defeat for now and bunged the DMF back on the engine, also drilled three new holes on the X-type sump to accept bellhousing bolts. Two of them already had holes there (either close or misaligned), so in the interests of simplicity I've just drilled through with a 10.5mm and will use a nut and bolt on these joints.

And finally a long shot of the car... it's actually starting to look like a car now!

I've got to make up my mind whether to take the car off the table now or later, after I've put the engine back in. Having the engine in will make taking it off more difficult, but having the car on the table makes working on it easier! A bit of a catch 22.