Thread: Sierras...
View Single Post
Old 26th July 2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps View Post
Just thought i'd add an update in case anyone comes along and reads this in the future! I've spent the last few weeks looking for sierras and have seen probably about a dozen come up on eBay that would have fitted the bill - although none that were quite right (fuel injection, or DOHC engine, or no MOT and a LONG way from home)...

On Tues I saw one for sale near Bedford, only 80 miles away, and snapped it up for £390. A C reg, 1.6 L. Pinto and carbs, 3 previous owners with one of those having it from 1988 - 2009 and what the current owner thinks is a genuine 98000 from new.

This'll let me stick to a 'book' build and get an age related plate - and perhaps i'll install the Zetec and MT75 gearbox i've got once the car is registered and on the road...

Not quite the £30 of the book, but I didn't mind forking out that much. Especially as it has 12 months and 2 days of MOT left, I think i'll be cruising round in it a little bit until time comes to rip it apart.. :-D

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater
I'll be honest, it looks clean and sounds like its in good condition and it's a mark 1. I can't help feeling that this Sierra is far too good to be breaking it for a donor, but hey, it's not my car.