View Single Post
Old 21st January 2009, 09:50 AM

This whole Cat/No Cat has me a bit confused. My daily driver is a 94 Reg Discovery V8 with cats fitted, now as soon as I got her I had an LPG conversion done, not so much to save the Planet but to conserve the Bank balance. When I took her for her first MOT the man, who has been an MOT tester for years, asked if it ran on gas, I said yes and he proceded to test the car emissions on gas. Result was way below the limits for this year of engine, but the interesting thing was that he said that the MOT does not check the Cats just the emissions. I assume that the new IVA will be more stringent but the only way to test the Cats are through the emission so you could fit a dummy cat. The point is that the MOT station have to test the car running on whatever fuel it's using when presented. I know of several people who run on LPG and have removed the cats with no problem. I must admit I am seriously considering running my roadster on LPG not only to save costs but to make the IVA/MOT a bit easier.

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
Confucius Chinese philosopher & reformer (551 BC - 479 BC)

Last edited by shadowcaster : 21st January 2009 at 09:53 AM.