View Single Post
Old 15th September 2015, 11:22 AM

Thanks Kev

Hi Richard,

For book chassis, (Sierra, front discs brakes) front lines should be 450mm long overall. Set-up is:
- straight fixed male M10x1.00 fitting on calliper end
- straight fixed bulkhead male M10x1.00 fitting + M10x1.00 lock nut on chassis end

But for the rear, there are differences. For example, on my chassis, I welded the rear brake line brackets under RS7/RS7a, which makes more sense to me than the book design. So my rear lines are 450mm long overall as well. If your brackets are placed like in the book, the brake lines would need to be a bit longer I think, and you'll have to measure them: using a 1-strand copper electric cable to mock up the flexi route is a very good way to take the measurement. Overall length of the flexi should be measured from the seat inside the fitting on the copper pipe to the seat inside the rear drum cylinder. Plan for wheel vertical movement as well

The rear brake line set up will also depend on if you put the bit of copper pipe between the drum cylinder and a bracket welded on the rear upright as explained in the book, of if you want to go straightly into the drum cylinder with a 45° male fitting. See details on this page: https://sites.google.com/site/hydrau...s/special-case

There is a third option, which depends on the origin of your rear uprights. If they are from Talonmotorsport, like mine, you can use a fixed male fitting to go directly into the drum cylinder (see this album on my flick-r pictures https://www.flickr.com/photos/994983...57646841607980)

So :
Copper bit like in the book :
- straight fixed male M10x1.00 fitting on drum end
- straight fixed bulkhead male M10x1.00 fitting + M10x1.00 lock nut on chassis end

45° direct-to-drum-cylinder :
- 45° swivel male M10x1.00 fitting on drum end

"Talon style" rear uprights :
- straight fixed male M10x1.00 fitting on drum end

Hope this will help

Good luck.