View Single Post
Old 29th December 2010, 04:40 PM

Default New guy with big ambitions.....

Hi,

Well i bought the book and registered here a few months ago now! Looking at getting down to business in the next few months Have spent countless (and i do mean countless) hours researching, reading and reading some more!

Having not started i was trying to work out what would be best for me vs what i wanted from my Roadster! The idea being for these cars best i can tell is that they are a personal item built to each and everyone's own choices and tastes!

So with all that in mind i have decided that i will most likely be using a Sierra donor coupled to a zetec motor! I would love to start with an MX5 donor but i understand there is a fair bit of engineering required for the rear in terms on suspension and diff mounting!
The other reason for sticking with the Sierra is that i would prefer to buy my chassis pre cut! Some would label me a wuss, however i simply dont have the space to store and cut etc so buying a precut just makes so much more sense!

So i have a couple of n00bish questions...

Type 9 GB i understand is the standard Sierra GB but when i order i need to state Type 9 or MT75?
Where does the MT75 come from? Is this the mazda or a different type of Ford box? If i is how do i tell them apart?

Do i want an MT75 or a Type 9?

Anyone close to Milton Keynes that would want to give me some welding lessons?

Thanks

Dan

Last edited by geeksandlies : 29th December 2010 at 06:01 PM.