Thread: gear shift.
View Single Post
Old 18th July 2011, 07:02 PM

Default gear shift.

Hi guys,

Iv set up a gearshift system with two microswitches linked to each paddle shift which will operate the solinoid which will inturn pull and push the gear shift lever. The problem i have now is that i need to make up a control system that will push the solinoid to full travel from on switch and return to centre to shift down, and pull it with the other, returning to centre position to shift up. This doesnt seem too complicated but i also need it to be able to get the solinoid to pull halfway between first and second to find neutral. This would probably be better done from a seperate switch to keep things simple, ie put it in first and press another switch to flick it into neutral, would probably prevent disaster aswell.

Is anyone familiar with electronics who would help me work it all out, im pretty familar with soldering and making circuit boards from way back in school, but i have no idea what conponents i need or how to make it all work.

Please dont ask why i didnt opt for a cable operated system as i dont know myself!

Thanks

Nathan