View Single Post
Old 24th January 2009, 07:30 PM

Hi Ronnie
I made up my own number. Used my name, birthday, engine number up to 17 digits. Stamped them in to the near side of the chassis in 6mm letters. Was fine when I submitted the papers to DVLA. Did my insurance on that number to drive it to MOT and SVA. First time pass SVA. Down hill from there. If your are going to get a Q plate you will need a IVO number. This number tells the police were the car was registered. I had used a single donor but didn’t have the V5 this ment that they would need to contact the original owner. This means that you need to wait 21 days plus the time it takes them to get around to it before you can get the plates. So I waited but they still said that I was going to be issued a Q plate. But before I can have the Qplate I would need the change the chassis number. In the end I stamped the new number and was given my plates. When the log book came and I looked at the chassis number they had used the original number. Just goes to show that they don’t know what they doing.