Thread: more red tape
View Single Post
Old 18th March 2014, 07:02 PM

What if you got your steel out of a skip? You MADE the chassis there should be no need for a reciept for the metal, the IVA checked the chassis number and they have stated that that counts.

I found this on my web travels...

Pertinent section was..

Quote:
However, DVLA is currently carrying out a review of all applications where an inspection of the vehicle is required. And you will be pleased to hear that the Agency has already concluded that new kit built vehicles, which have been through an Individual Vehicle Approval inspection by VOSA, no longer require a further inspection by DVLA. Notwithstanding that the two inspections were undertaken for different purposes, DVLA considers that it can be sufficiently confident as to the identity of kit vehicles inspected by VOSA to register them without requiring a further inspection. This change was introduced on 25 March 2010.
This is on an official .gov.uk site. I think it may only be in the case of 'New' Kit builds maybe?

Cheers
Stot

Last edited by Stot : 18th March 2014 at 07:09 PM.