View Single Post
Old 1st April 2012, 04:19 PM

Is there an interlock to make sure the clutch pedal is depressed while cranking??

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainbug007 View Post
So I've been trying to finish off my electrics for good and get all the wiring in it's final places inside conduit tube etc. Because of using the donor loom, it's involved alot of shortening & extending wires etc. I've go everything connected up except for the cluster, cig lighter, fog light switch, and fan. I tried cranking the engine to make sure it all still worked and nothing happened

So I got my trusty multimeter out and started checking readings between the key barrel and the battery. Strangely I get continuity and voltage readings on the live (red) wire when the key is off or in position 1. As soon as I turn they key to position 2 or onto the cranking position, the voltage drops to 0?

I also tested the yellow/black wire at the barrel (which I think is the switched live?) and I get no voltage in any key position. I then checked the continuity between the battery and the yellow/black wire, and again it works when they key is off or in position 1, but nothing past that??

I'm guessing there's something wrong with my switched live circuit as it seems to get blocked when trying to start up? I've had a look at the wiring diagram and the only linked thing I could see to the yellow/black wire is the fan relay but I struggled to work out which one it is in the fuse box to see if there's something not right there

Any help or guidance where to go next would be appreciated!