View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTWV50 View Post
Well done finishing the loom. It's a sneaky little MASSIVE JOB!! Isn't it!

I've spent hours in the garage this long weekend. Slowly putting the loom back together. Bought a clever little wire stripper from Maplin, worth every penny of £14.99. I love it!

On another note, looking at the IVA manual. If I'm on a Q plate and I can prove the engine date. Then they assume the January before as the "Effective Date" of manufacture as it's an amateur built car and then try to fine an exact match in the analyser database. I assume they "obviously??" don't find one and as the date will be pre July 31st 1995, do a Non CAT Test? Correct?

If I can't prove date of manufacture of the engine or donor car then they assume Aug 1997 and do a CAT test using default limits?

Just asking because I know you've probably done your homework on this.

Thanks Chris. It certainly is a massive job, and I'm very happy to have got it out of the way
I shot myself in the foot with the wiring too. I thought I'd be clever and replace the fuse boxes, relays, and most of the wiring. All I really achieved in doing that was creating loads more work for myself!

That's how I understand the emissions - except for the Q-plate bit. Whether it's a Q plate or not is irrelevant; the IVA tester doesn't know and doesn't care what plate it's going to have as that's decided by the DVLA afterwards.

Provided the IVA man can't find an exact match for your car in his database (that's the car you've built, not the donor car!) the emissions will be based on the effective date of the engine.

So as long as you can prove the engine was manufactured before the end of 1995 you won't be needing a CAT.
Did you see my post about getting a proof of engine age letter from Mazda? £35 well spent!