View Single Post
Old 15th December 2015, 10:07 AM

To put this in some sort of context of what I have in mind...
A whole Roadster can be built at home with fairly cheap tools every thing from the chassis to the body work can be home made because it is simple to make. By wrapping sheet steel/ali around the sides/rear of the chassis you have instant body work, I did the same with my bonnet and scuttle with a simple frame work. If I make a rear engined chassis and go with say a Ford or Vauxhall transverse set up the back of the car can be kept simple and easy to make with out it looking like it's a sports pickup with a table top cover.
If I go the mid engine route with an Audi type engine in my mind it's in danger of starting to become more of a proper sports car that requires it to look better than it could. This means expensive shapely GRP body work and puts it more in kitcar money rather than self/scratch build pocket money area.
I think it has to be down to the end styling of the car and weather you can make you own body work and the result being acceptable or wether you buy it in GRP and go with pre set styling.
Would people be interested in the chassis and running gear plans knowing that at the end of the build you still have another £800-1200 worth of GRP to buy? But I guess if you just put 3 years and £3000 plus in to it already the body work is only a small part of it???

Direct email talonmotorfabrication@gmail.com