View Single Post
Old 17th July 2011, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

No news on hernia opp, but had a couple of productive evenings.

During my week off I reworked the rear uprights, got one in place mocked up

Couple of days later I went to do the other and found the shock mount was about 4mm to narrow ( dam dodgy second hand parts) tried to EASE them out but they were getting out of shape F.....K I have just wasted 3hrs reworking them and a 12MM drill bit too ( it snapped ) .. I tried to buy a single replacement but ended up with one turning up for the cost of postage, My supplier said it was a second and had been in the scrap bin but I could not tell why..

Anyway. Scroll forward.

I got a good Polo Rad ( S/H shelf wear ) and made up the mounts for that yesterday and it's sitting easonably.

I also fitted up all the wishbones and put on the shox temporarily. for mocking up. Hunted down a set of slave wheels ( they will actualy be the post SVA wheels.) Only got one on.

Whilst hunting for the wheels I found an old Sierra upper Column. These have a colapsible triangular shaft that slides up inside on nylon bushes. I had a lower column from some an old non pas sierra, and another few UJ's and shafts. Combining the sierra coulmn, the lower column, the uj gave me a space that could neatly be filled by a section of the triangular column. Perfect, Will take some pics tomorrow.

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders