View Single Post
Old 1st August 2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps View Post
Is there more detail of either your or flyerncle's mods on the forum anywhere? Just thinking I had best address this soon if i am going to have problems as I'm halfway through painting my chassis but have never fitted any shocks to it...
there is no mods required to fit full length shocks other than the radius of the lower mount on the wishbone needing trimming back a small amount but this is the same on useing a GAZ extended shock!

for everyones attension
dampertech only sell a std 13" shock with an extra 1" added to the top mount. if you want extended ones you can go direct to GAZ and buy if you like.
the bloke tried to spin a load of bull about he was the only sorce and full length shocks would not fit and its a "spechal design" you can only buy from him and others will fowl chassis. sadly when asked what fowled where he could not tell me and he has never actualy seen or fitted a shock to a haynes roadster!
i hate it when people lie to me just to protect thair sales and even had sevral posts on this site deleted a while ago on the subject (when a mod was also selling roadster bits including shock packs)
my car is living proof that a 14" shock fits and works fine on the road and track.

by all means feel free to use what ever type of shock you like on your car but its importent to know the facts