Thread: Disaster...
View Single Post
Old 17th February 2012, 09:09 AM

Thanks alot for all of the suggestions guys. In the end I took your advice and repaired it instead of just cutting the whole section out as I figured trying to make it IVA compliant would end up being more hassle than trying to repair it. As it turned out my neighbor was quite handy with GRP and did a clever repair by kind of re-enforcing it from behind with some metal strips then applying more GRP the back. Luckly where it had cracked in a majority of places you could line the pieces back up and the crack wasn't that noticeble when you look at the shiny side so to speak. The only bit that wasn't fixable was a section along the top kind of between the holes for the top wishbones and the shock absorber so i've got a strip cutout basically between the front hole and the rear hole that kind of looks like an upside down T but at least none of it is over 100mm so once the rubber u channel strips are put on it should be impossible for the IVA man to shove his sphere into the engine bay anywhere so to speak.