View Single Post
Old 4th March 2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno View Post
Some cracking progress there
Are the wishbones roughly based on the Saturn design? If so you may have a problem with the steering arm extension hitting the lower wishbone. You can get round it by limiting the amount of steering lock as it only just hits on full lock.
They are based on Saturn design, Phil made them for me, I'm a little concerned with how far it looks like I may have to have the drag links wound out to get to 1-2 degrees camber at the moment. Looks like there may only be 3/4"-1" of thread in the wishbone. Wont know properly till next weekend. I may shorten my rack as the book suggests which may limit the lock to lock enough that I dont need to put any stops on it. If not, Ill knock up some stops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno View Post
Any thoughts on how you are going to mount your diff yet? It's been a topic of much debate in the past on which way to mount it.
Hanging it from the arms but not sure on supporting the nose at the moment.

The next goal is to get it rolling so that I can wheel it to and from my detached garage so steering uprights and maybe handbrake next.

Cheers
Stot

Last edited by Stot : 4th March 2013 at 08:23 AM.