View Single Post
Old 24th December 2009, 11:43 PM

Thanks Ronnie, the cossie lump isn't going in as standard either. Its from a 1990 car with 60K genuine mileage, full service history and Ford main dealer serviced and repaired throughout with docs to prove it. As its an early one its of the BOA variety which means in essence that it puts out 195BHP at 5500RPM and just shy of 200ft/lbs of torque at peak. The later BOB gives even more and fitting BOB cams into a BOA lump instantly puts you into 250BHP territory. I just can't be arsed with swapping cams (I've seen the Ford training video on removing a camshaft from this lump and its just not funny) but what I am doing is replacing the original plenum chamber and two stage throttle body with a set of six individual throttle bodies.

I picked up two sets of Honda 600 throttle bodies off ebay for just over £60 and have broken them down into pairs (three of, one pair for spare) which will eventually be mounted on a custom fabricated inlet manifold, coupled with a decent set of stainless steel headers and free flowing exhausts along with an Emerald ECU I'm expecting around 220BHP and close to 250ft/lbs.

Ebay is my parts dept!

D.