View Single Post
Old 13th October 2011, 01:44 AM

Default She cranks

I gave my build a bit of rest after the big push to get her rolling.

This month though I decided I start to get the engine running.
First up getting the starter circuit sorted.
First up was a battery, I managed to pick up a brand new oddessey PC545 fom a fellow builder for a really good price. Its a very small battery but seems to crank the engine just great

I only did a basic circuit for the starter, + to starter neg to engine, and a flying lead to the solenoid plus saw her cranking over.

I connected an old indicator to the oil pressure swith and to the positive on the battery but his didn't go out during cranking.
I have absolutely nothing else on the engine, theres a large breather at the back drivers side, I blocked that off but still no light out, any other tips as I'm confident it either the a faulty sender or its loosing its pressure somewhere rather than a dodgey oil pump pick up?

I've also ordered a fiesta coil pack with HT leads for a grand total of £4.99 this should connect up to the edis module stanalone to give a basic spark to get her running.

All thats needed now is some carb and an inlet (i might try her on the old sierra carb as as starter for ten)