Thread: how far do i go
View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezee View Post
ZX9R carbs will work fine with both engines. You'll need them rejetting on the Zetec though as it flows more air/fuel through the head ( I think most people just re-drill the jets up to 1.7mm). Obviously a bespoke manifold will be required for each engine. This isn't hard to make, but if your not happy making one, companies such as bogg bros will sell them.

Depending on your engine management choice, your going to need some sensors. Now I believe, that some early ZX9R carbs came without a TPS and would require a custom bracket and a TPS sourcing. So its just easier to get a later model set, that includes a TPS (assuming you need one)

I don't know if your 1.8cvh is pre cat or not. If it is, then putting carbs on won't make any diff to the IVA.
thanks Deezee, my cvh is pre cat & the zx9r carbs do come with the TPS , i think the advice from Flyerncle & Bonzo is as usual spot on,
as my plan is to go zetec asap then theres no point in spending time & money setting up the cvh / bike carbs at this point, UNLESS if the bike carbs make the cvh more responsive & so more enjoyable to drive with a relatively low powered engine , as i know my cvh engine is in good fettle & have full service history on it etc etc then it may still be worth considering,
decisions decisions
cheers
andy