View Single Post
Old 19th July 2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabbyglass View Post
No problem with Chris's design but if someone intends to make chassis to sell on then they need to build a car and get it tested to prove it's safe....a drawing is just a drawing at the end of the day..
But the problem with that is that the chassis being sold would not be the one that was being 'tested'.

I will be interested in hearing Chris G's thoughts on this one, whether he feels that a chassis built to the specs and dimensions given in his book, and ammended in line with the information published on this forum, would in any way be unsuitable for sale.

Personally I think the idea that a complete car needs to be built in order to test the design does rather fly in the face of both the published (and ammended) design and the cars that have already been built.

If what people are getting at is that the design might be OK, but my building of it might not be, then they should come out and say so directly. I have already said that it won't be me welding it, I will get a coded welder to do that, and it will be built to the published and ammended design and dimensions, so just what is the problem? Please be more specific in your replies.