View Single Post
Old 19th July 2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabbyglass View Post
Also there are welders and then there are fabricator/welders two different things....I know a bloke who can weld like you won't believe, it's annoying how neat it is yet ask him to work to drawings, cut steel and make something and he is buggered...coding covers a set welding procedure not actually making something and usually the test piece is done by someone else and all you have to do is weld it up correctly...not easy but doable
I'm sure you are trying to be helpful, but I wonder whether you are perhaps skimming what I have written (I know I tend to write long posts) rather than reading it. I have already said that I will be doing the material prepartion and assembly, and someone else will be welding it.

I may not be a fast fabricator, but I'm a bloody good one (not really 'talent' just obsessive attention to detail).

Oh, and by the way, the intention is only to offer chassis to people who already know what a Haynes Roadster is, so no need to build a complete car for the purpose of showing them.