View Single Post
Old 16th September 2011, 08:07 PM

Right I had another dig thru my pile of parts and I definitely don't have anything that looks like that. I remember though when my mate helped me strip it that there was some things we left or cut off the loom as they'd be redundant like interior lights etc. so I don't know if this was one of the things that got left. My donor was a really low spec though as it didn't even have a rev counter so is it possible though that it may not have been fitted with the anti-theft module?

I tried a continuity test between the thin red/black starter wire and the blue/black wire at the ignition and I only get a beep when its in position 3.

I did manage to get all the tape off the loom from the column up to the fusebox and traced the yellow/black wire that's got voltage which shouldn't. About an inch away from the fuze box it hits a solder joint where it splits into 9 other wires all of which are yellow/black or black. most seem to go into the fuse box into the relays, some seem to go to small plugs nearby then go back to the fusebox. I got as far as tracing one of the small black splits but then it disappears into the engine loom towards the inlet manifold connections. I did however retry the voltage test against the solder joint and noticed I only got a very small number (0.05) so I retried it against the loomside ignition plug and got the same reading. I must've done something wrong when I tested it last time

Quote:
4. Item 153 - Suppressor
what does this look like as I don't think i've got anything like that wired in at the moment as it should sit close to the coilpack?

With removing all the redundant wires, am I better of waiting till I can get it to crank & run before I start taking stuff out? There seems to be alot of plugs all over the place of different size & shapes which didn't have anything plugged into them