Thread: 3d cad
View Single Post
Old 20th February 2010, 07:32 PM

Cheers for the support lads.

Cheers for that John, I've been reading through the blue book, however it doesn't specify a few things, which I'm currently trying to clear up. If i don't get any definitive answers then I think I'll be getting into contact with MSA.

Andy, I'm defiantly thinking about having the side impact bar follow the lines of the car instead of being 1 straight member, the MSA specs don't specify if the bar can be kinked or has to be straight, so I'm currently trying to get the bottom of that one.

I think I will also be putting a horizontal brace across the front roll bar, as suggested by Ash. I just need to make sure it's at the right height to mean that it doesn't get in the way of any dials or the steering wheel. I was thinking of running it underneath the steering wheel, but I need to do a bit more research into that one.

Also I've now changed the rear roll bar so that it has a 90 degree angle instead of an 85 degree, so that it matches the front roll bar, which I think looks better.

I'm also unsure if the roof bars can have a kink in them like Slimtater has on his car.

My Build Blog: http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2736 - Last Update: 31st October 2020

Total Spent so far: Stopped counting