View Single Post
Old 13th October 2014, 12:30 PM

Slowly getting this turbo on. No light when I get home from work and a new baby are limiting my time but I managed to make some progress.

I cut relief cuts into my manifold as recommended on various miata sited to help reduce the likelyhood of it cracking. The idea is to allow it to expand over time.

I also had to mill the back edges of some of the bolt holes flat as the casting was fairly uneven on the lower ones but I got it all mounted up with new hardware.

The lower nuts and especially the middle nut was pretty impossible to get to so Im super glad I purchased a new Halfords tool kit a couple of weeks ago with ratchet ended spanners as they were the only things I could get in there!

Also got the turbo mounted up. Its been clocked to suit and I made up an adapter for a banjo oil line fitting for it.

On the 1.6 MX5 there is already a take off point for high pressure oil so an M10 x 1.5 banjo fits in there easy.

Last edited by Stot : 13th October 2014 at 12:37 PM.