View Single Post
Old 24th April 2011, 03:04 PM

Default Windscreen & wet weather gear

I thought my mind was made up as I was going to buy the Haynes roadster kit from Saturn once they launched the revised chassis for the MX5 donor. HOWEVER I have been doing some more reading surrounding seven style cars and drivability in terms of wind buffeting etc... and the concensus seems to be:

1) Drive with a helmet
2) Get a windscreen and sidescreens and also hood etc...

Now the Haynes is constructed with the helmet option in mind but since I am not planning on doing any track driving and being cocooned in helmet does not appeal, that option for me is out the window.

This leaves me with the option of windscreen, sidescreens and hood which would suits my needs better and allow me to go touring and not worry about the forecast too much.
Now I know everthing is dooable and I could probably find some where to do a bespoke wet weather solution but as stated originally I was going to buy rather than fabricate my kit so I wonder if I would be better off going for another kit manufacturer which is maybe more suited to my situation and can supply an off the shelf solution for screen and wet weather gear?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm