View Single Post
Old 31st May 2014, 07:46 PM

Done a bit more today, got the rear arches skinned and rounded off, also started finishing one of the running boards.
Here are some shots of the arches now, they are basically ready for having some fibre glass applying to them.

Here is the view from the rear. The fuel tank was a car boot bargain. It's brand new from a Land Rover, it cost £3!! I was selling at a boot fair and I bought an engine off the guy next door for £3. I then sold it 10 minutes later for £18, which is what the guy that had the tank wanted for it. Happy days indeed. Dead easy to fit and it has all the holes I need for a return pipe, filler, gauge and feed. I will fit a separate reservoir to act as a swirl pot.

Another view of the offside. It's a big old beast Can't wait to get that V12 out and taken apart, more to the point I can't wait to get it running again.

I need to get some more ply tomorrow so I can do the front wings, they will be a lot more complicated than the rears, I will most likely have to use some foam to give them shape and compound curvature.
Well chuffed with the progress of the last few days, hope to continue it for a while.
Dave.