View Single Post
Old 26th February 2011, 09:19 PM

All you ford guys are very lucky!
It took me allmost 2 days to strip the skyline of its valuables! Worst bit on the gearbox was the fact that it was 4x4 so had tons of extra stuff attatched all over. And front driveshafts were a complete pain to remove. I put the engine and box on some scales and it came to 242kg >_< and also broke the scales.

Anyhow like the guys said just take loads and loads of photos. Also when you remove plugs from bits put stickers on the wires and the plugs they came from and lable them. This will help loads later down the road. Also get a load of old takeaway box's and stick lables on them with what bolts are from what bits. i have about 20 tubs full of labled nuts,bolts and bits. This will also save you a massive amount of time later. (can also put some cleaning solution in them as well!) oh and did i say take more pictures?

As a rule i try and go around the hole engine and gearbox removing everything thats connecting them to the shell, then remove the engine. after that collect the wires and anything else thats handy. But i try and leave any of the tubes connecting bits of the engine to other bits of the engine on. Its a bit different from my engine as with the turbo and intercooler pipes it added a load of extra junk.

Hope that helped a little.

Skyline Roadster