View Single Post
Old 17th September 2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo View Post
Eeeeurg... The Endura E.

Ford had to find something to shoe horn in to the KA's bay and satisfy pedestrian front impact protection. They had nothing to fit the bill in the modern line up of engines, so hauld the old x-flow out of the skip.

I don't want to say it. Please somone shoot me afterwards. But.

If you want a small 4pot, that has been used in the kitcar market for many many years, offers upgrade paths and has a bi-polar reliability disorder. Then the Rover K-Series is a reasonable bet.

1.0 8v throught to blown 2.0 16v gives a breadth of options. Fairly simple Management of EFI.

TT
Hang on, you're criticising the Ka engine, saying it's old - then suggest the equally (if not older) K series?

I've had a quick look about, and it's not really as light or economic as I was looking for, but it may be an alternative to the nightmare of converting the 1KR I wanted initially.

Only thing that concerns me is the many reports of head gasket issues...

Either way, I'd want something that can fit into the original design car, without too much chassis modification.
Ideally I want a light engine, preferably 1.6 or below, but still pushing 60hp minimum. I know that won't be fast, but the C1 I had weighed more than the kitcar would, and still got to 60 in 11 seconds - so potentially without modification to the engine I'd be looking at around 8 seconds at a guess.