View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2015, 02:42 PM

BLOODY CATS EYES! lol

Went too fast between two single lane speed bumps, cleared the speed bumps fine but when the suspension squatted down at the front I must of caught the reg on a cats eye or something! Haha how ironic! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTWV50 View Post
Got it all back together, engine issue is resolved Rev cleanly all the way 7k every time now. Springs have reduced sag yet maintained grip in the corners. Walking as I type so excuse any errors. I did manage to clip my number plate though and rattle a wheel arch loose! The list continues !
Just to expand on this I can go quicker on bumpy surfaces especially big dips in the road and small hump back bridges. I haven't lost the balance when cornering etc. Understeer is gone and oversteer is available through aggressive steering input! I like it! Geometry needs sorting though I just can't get it right. Going to have it professionally done soon.

Other things of note, I've changed my wing mirrors for lifeline single seater race mirrors, I still haven't made a rear cover. I still haven't strengthened the pass side wheel arch support, I have reinstated the the indicator stalk as the buttons are not convenient for fast road driving. I have fitted a weld-on steering boss from rally design to a 2nd column I had and removed it immediately to be sent back to rally design, too much play in the splines, probably the last thing I ever buy from them there unbranded products are utter s***e. I'm not bothering with a removable steering wheel I've bought a gear/handbrake lock instead. I haven't done the stripes yet either!