View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World's Worst Mechanic View Post
Thanks for that. Sounds good.

Using an BMW e36 328i as I initially wanted to do a gkd and this engine has a lot of bang for your buck. Thought I'd do a Haynes as it'd be a couple of grand up front for gkd kit which would be noticed. The money acrues faster than I can work to spend it this way.

Not sure about the welding. I fancy the challenge but I'm not sure I'll be saying that before long! I will be buying in the bones or have them fabbed as that looks a pain.

Once I have the donor stripped and out the way I will decide. Are you welding the chassis?
No. I bought a fully welded chassis from Phil (http://www.talonmotorfabrication.co.uk) - he did a Christmas special, so couldn't resist.

I'm using an MX5 donor and he's tweaked the standard chassis for it. I figure with the weight saving it should be plenty for me. If not, there are a lot of turbo kits to boost the power to levels that are high enough for me to kill myself.

He does a standard chassis too and will probably tweak it if you ask nicely. You should speak to him about it before you decide.