View Single Post
Old 10th May 2014, 12:01 PM

Default 2 steps forward 1 step back!

I spent a bit more time working on my car yesterday. I have now fully fitted the cycle wings and also fixed the issue with the steering rack fouling the wishbones.

I decided to invert the brake switch as I had it placed so that it was on the top of the tee. I thought this was a potential spot to trap air so moved it so the switch is under the tee. I rewired everything back in and for some my rear brake lights stopped working (as well as the horn). The annoying thing is is didn't know if they had been working before I had moved the switch. I had a good study of the electrical wiring diagram and after a good hour of un-assembling my car (I should have put the fuse box in a easier to locate position) realised I had a blown fuse. The fuse that had been put in was the incorrect rating. Maybee when i had been out having a little spin earlier in the day they blew. All fixed now and the car is back in one peice.

The next issue I noticed is.... when i was driving it the car has developed a misfire. I changed the HT leads and this made no change. Next stage will be the plugs (even though they are fiarly new), coil pack and possible lambda sensor.

I only took the car out of the garage to take some nice pictures to put on here and it turned into a whole days worth of tinkering!!

David

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67112582@N03/

Saturn MX5 Based Chassis, Limited Slip Diff & 2.4 Quick Rack.

Build cost.... seems to be spending more on tools than car bits at the moment! (they will be handy in the future though).
Car iva'd and passed 15/08/2014. Finished weight 572kg.