Thread: Chassis Kit
View Single Post
Old 26th August 2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy locost View Post
A friend is looking to build a roadster on a budget,and has looked at the talon flat pack for 200 pounds whitch has the square tube cut and the rear mounting plates an also suspension brackets and diff mount plates Can andy please tell me wot extra he would get for 50 pounds more .
Sorry for late reply, I did log on earlier but got a call from my elderly mother saying both smoke alarms were going off in her house hot footed over there ...false alarm.... the low battery bleepers were sounding...phew bless her.

This thread seems to have developed during today...

Grumpy Locost....

I,ll try to give an answer to your question.

The kits that I offer at the price that they are , are I trust a fair price for the work involved to supply a kit, alot of it is down to the price of the steel that I buy at, sadly I,m not a large purchaser of steel & this sort of dictates the total cost of my kits, but I do try to offer advantages to justify the kit price, for instance, the kits come with the front frame fully welded which I hope is seen as an aid to the builder having no need to make up a jig etc, I have also offered the kits with a build table template if the purchaser wishes to have, this is a template that goes onto the build table which helps the accurate positioning of the bottom rails, which is the foundation of the chassis.

With regard kits available at another purchase price, its not for me to know why or even question how a price is decided upon, I wish any supplier the very best in their venture in these difficult economic times,

on a personal note ,

as Ash has touched upon, its great that the Roadster "Marque" has various suppliers investing time , equipment, effort & expense to help any builders of the car, & yes its the customers choice of where they purchase parts that they wish to "buy in" for their own builds.

cheers
andy