View Single Post
Old 5th August 2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps View Post
Right - after putting the first few hours effort into building shelves etc for the workshop I actually feel like I made so progress with the CAR today!!!

Got it up on axle stands, took the wheels off - and measured up the chassis i've bought. Apparently (no proof provided when I bought it from the chap in Norfolk though) it's a Talon chassis - made for a MT75 gearbox. Everything seems to be squared up - with just a few plates missing: handbrake mounting/guides, flexi brake pipe mounts, nosecone mounts, rear rail roll bar mounts and footwell plate CP17.

HOWEVER - as i checked off the chassis against the book plans I realised that D1 and D2 are missing!

Does anyone know of any good reason for this? A quick search on the forum didn't show anything suggesting it's a common ommission...?

Also - the chassis is about 10mm short overall (but square as far as I can tell) will this present any major problems?

I reckon you got a good deal on your kit but given that you cant prove the origin of the chassis, for your own piece of mind it might be an idea to knock up a level build table and draw it up, then you can stick the chassis on and check everything thoroughly for dimensions and squareness.

With regards to Talon and their prefab chassis, I wonder if its possible to stamp them with something like their name, a production number and date so in future there is no doubt if its one of theirs or not.